Bonavita Batch Brewer 8 Cup
This excellent batch brewer has won international acclaim as well as certification from the Specialty Coffee Association of America as part of it's Home Brewer Program.
Designed to make the most sophisticated elements of brewing technology accessible for home users, the 8 Cup Brewer features:
- one-touch brew operation with auto-off
- a powerful and precise 1500-watt heater to maintain optimal brewing temperature of 91°-96°C
- optional pre-infusion mode to allow degassing before brewing
- a flat-bottomed filter basket and large showerhead for even saturation and uniform extraction
- a durable stainless steel lined thermal carafe that will keep your coffee hot for hours, and
- carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead that are dishwasher safe and all plastic BPA-free.
The consensus from the batch brew fanatics of the world – particularly the Americans, for whom it’s pretty much a way of life – is that the Bonavita Brewers are the best going. Their simple, easy to use design is highly-engineered and practically error-proof and allows the user to make between 2 and 8 cups of delicious coffee with the press of a button. Truly flexible, it's suited to use in a coffee-loving home, where the stainless steel carafe will keep any leftover brew hot for later as well as in offices or cafes looking to have fresh, delicious filter coffee (practically) on tap with minimal fuss, mess, expense or training required.
A little advice on brewing with the Bonavita:
Because the Bonavita takes care of three major brewing variables for you – by controlling water temperature, agitating the coffee via the water dispersal head and adjusting brew time to volume – the main concern for the user (apart from the coffee you’re using) is grind size.
The finer your coffee is ground, the quicker extraction will be, so a too-fine grind will result in an over-extracted, bitter cup just as a too-coarse one may taste a little raw and vegetal. We recommend starting with medium-coarse coffee and adjusting the coarseness of the grind to hit the (literal) sweet spot.
It’s also important when using a batch brewer to change the grind to suit the total volume you’re brewing (go finer as you scale down the volume.)
For best results, use it with our #4 paper filters and freshly ground filter roast coffee. Replacement (or spare) carafes are also available.